Monday, June 25, 2012

Hey there world... this will be my last post from Los Gatos, CA for approximately a year, and perhaps from the USA. I head off tomorrow morning at the ripe 'ol hour of 5:00 AM for the YES Abroad National Pre Departure Orientation in Washington D.C.. We will have three days full of bonding, workshops, and visits to the State Department and the Thai Embassy. I am excited, sad, and nervous. All of the emotions expected of person who is about to venture off into the unknown for about a year. I don't have much to say. It's true that it doesn't feel real yet, yadda yadda.
All I really know is that I hope I live up to the standards of the greatest exchange vlogger in existence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEeKuNbOklI&feature=relmfu
And I love you all. And I want you to know that.

I am really just dreading saying goodbye to my parents. I know that there will be tears, and I just don't want to have to face that solemn pit in my stomach once more. :| But in time, it will be replaced with the excitement of arriving at my destination, and the beginning of a new and irreplaceable experience.

So, I would like to say adieu.

That's all for now, folks,
Carly
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. The feeling is mutual, but the year will fly by and you'll be back before you know it, having gained another surrogate family and a lifetime full of memories. We love you.
    XOXOXOXO, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am picturing you on a magic carpet ride with a big smile on your face. Love, kisses and hugs,
    Your Aunties

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous of you (in a good way, of course). I would love to get a second shot at exchange; that familiar excitement and anticipation, the chance to experience a "new" foreign culture... You're so lucky, and I hope you have the best possible exchange! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww don't be jealous. I'm sure you are having marvelous adventures in Denmark :D

      Delete