Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Hahaha...


Random photo? Spot the Milo!!


I have titled this blog post with the onomatopoeia of awkward embarrassed and trying to avoid conflict laughter.

Yes, I do realize that my last blog post, two weeks ago, was still talking about what happened approximately five weeks ago, on vacation. Well, I guess we have a bit of catching up to do... Oh darn.

I am sorry, world, but I have been a horrible journal keeper/blog writer lately. :O So I can't even tell you what happened in the first couple of weeks after break except for that I was enjoying myself at school and outside of school, getting together with friends, eating delicious food, hanging out with my host family, etc. etc. I made a cute little bracelet with Jeanne, one of my friends at school, and that was quite dandy.
I also realized that French school finishes like middle school for those who are in Seconde... as in the last two weeks have pretty much no tests or anything, and everything is a giant party with pointless classes and lots of skipping (shhh don't tell!). I have already finished MPS-SVT, SVT, and Math classes. That's it, no more for the rest of the year (Meaning till Friday of next week... hehe). I am liking this school system... although I am sure I wouldn't have had I been in Premiere (AKA Bac).


Hey look, a cool photo of us in front of the cantine (That is the cafeteria...)

Ahhhh I am not writing very well today.

Last weekend we re-moved Manon from her apartment to the house for the summer and it was pretty fun. We ate lunch at the house of a family friend of theirs which reminded me uncannily of a house in the mountains of Colorado that I used to visit... (That means you, Nana and Mac!)

These last two weeks have really just been a bunch of fun. I am living it up here! I guess it really is the truth that May and June and July are the best months.

This whole experience has been hard, but so wonderfully awarding. I would never give it up.

Today I had my last test in French class, and Physics/Chemistry. I also had an exposé about my life in France and my feelings in Spanish class, and it went pretty well. It was in Spanish. :O I didn't think I would be prepared, but I guess it worked out in the end.

I finish school next week on Friday, and I don't know if I am ready... Tomorrow marks my ninth month here, a fact that scares me so much! I don't know how to take it. I only have six weeks left to enjoy the awesomeness that is France.

France, I will never forget you.

-Carly

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww. This post brings a tear to my eye. So happy for you to be coming home, yet sad for your journey to be coming to an end. Truly bittersweet.
    Love you lots!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like you just left yesterday...
    I can't wait to hear about all your experiences and see more photos when you get back! Maybe you'll help convince my mom that nine or ten months away in a foreign country is something she would consider letting me do....

    See you verrrrrry soon!
    -Gabby

    P.S. I heard you're very excited to be back in time for the HP premiere! I've planned my entire summer around being in LG on July 14th at 11:59 pm......

    ReplyDelete