Tuesday, January 11, 2011

INEXPLICABLE HAPPINESS

This blog post shall be non-sequitur. PREPARE YOURSELVES.

So, I am just really really really happy lately. First of all, this week I have achieved a lot lot lot. I am testing Premiere, I have strengthened some relationships and started a few new ones, I have made some good decisions, I have met another exchange student at my school (FINALLY), and wow, I really can't describe. This is the happiest I have been since the beginning of my exchange. :O A state of tranquility and content and AWESOME. Aghhhhh wow. Happiness. Cool down, Carly, you can do it.

Ok, well, today was my first day of the test of Premiere. And I have to say, it went amazingly! The first period I was really awkward, but after the break in between the two hours, a guy walked up to me and said, "Hi, I am an exchange student from Mexico." :O:O:O:O:O YAY. He speaks English pretty much fluently, too, so he is basically trilingual. :| Whoa. Throughout the day I had a good time just kind of getting to know them all better, but that isn't all! In my advanced English class, I walked in to see the American assistant (have I talked about her before?) standing there. And apparently every Tuesday I get to see her for at least 20 minutes. :) Yay! And we are going to get together at a cafe tomorrow to talk about everything in general.

I ate lunch with Pia and her awesome friends XD and that was great, too. And now I am at home kind of just wallowing in the awesomeness that is my life... Bear with me please. I think I will snap out of this oddness quite soon. Hooray!

But really, that is all I can think about for now... Excuse me while I go die inside from the awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. You really are verrrryyyy happy! I guess that's what France does to people. Oooh that is a good point to bring up when I am trying to convince my parents to let me be a foreign exchange student..... =)

    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! You should use it... I shall talk to you about a lot of stuff when I come back, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds like a good move for you, but I know it will be hard to leave your other friends. "Make new friends, but keep the oooold; one is silver and the other gold..." Random, but I know you miss my spontaneous bursts into song. :)

    I'm curious how you feel about changing now that the week is over. Let us know.

    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw so glady you're so happy. This is the first day i've logged onto my blog in like 4 weeks. I feel so awful!! haha but everything sounds great :) miss you hahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww mom, I shall always miss your spontaneous bursts into song!

    Miss you Jess!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is kinda weird haha but aaaages ago I read this post (in my very first week in France) and I so badly wanted to feel like this but I was homesick and had no friend and couldn't speak French well...you know what I mean!...but this post just made me think that it's gonna get better someday. I just finished writing my own inexplicable happiness post and I remembered reading your post so I thought I'd let you know how much it inspired me :) I hope you enjoy the rest of your time in France!

    ReplyDelete