Wednesday, January 5, 2011

As I am sitting here in Pia's room with nothing productive to do (Scratch that, could be reading my French literature book that we have a test on next Tuesday...), I have decided that the best use of my time would be to write a blog entry. Hooray!
Well, actually a lot has happened since my last post. For starters, we celebrated the jour de l'an. I was with Pia and Manon, and we went to a fun party in Rouen, where Manon goes to university. After that we were all very tired...! But school doesn't stop for our fatigue, alas.
But it has been an exciting week, even though I have been SUPER TIRED. Monday was monday, and tuesday was tuesday, but today was particularly interesting. So, I talked to you all earlier about the fact that I might change to be in Premiere for a host of reasons, and today I stopped at the "woman who I was told to go go to"'s office to talk to her about it. I have to say it was a success; I understood everything she said and vice-versa, and I went all alone to top it off! (Small feeling of independence) And she pulled out my card report card to see if I would be fit to go up, and said all she has to do is ask my professors and she will get back to me by Monday about whether or not I can try it out. So basically, I am going to try it out for a week or so I think, and then I will decide whether I really should or not.
Only problem-- I will have classes on Saturday! :O
I would be in Premiere ES Anglais Renforcé. Hooray! Let's see how everything goes.

So wish me luck :)

I am meeting my half-way mark, and I am starting to get a little bit of Carpe Diem in my soul! I don't have my whole life here, I might as well make the most of it!!!

And the lady I talked to today gave me some good wisdom, "Janvier, c'est vraiment dure. Mais bon courage!" I thought this was really nice. I think she understands Vitamin-D levels at the peak of winter. Although they say February is worse here...

And Now I am here in Pia's room helping her with English homework. Hooray, and bonne nuit tout le monde!

-Carly

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Premiere class! And happy new year- 2011!!!!!

    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon Courage, indeed! Good luck with the switch. It will be a challenge, but I think you'll enjoy it. Lots of love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both of you! And it isn't for sure yet, I might choose to stay in Seconde. :)

    ReplyDelete