Friday, October 1, 2010

Ok!

Things really have started to become routine here. Each day I either take the bus to school or get driven, and after my courses I return home, do a little bit of homework, journal a little bit, hang out with Pia and/or watch some TV with Claude, eat dinner, and eventually go to sleep. It's really nice that it's all starting to get easier. A couple weeks ago I was having a ton of trouble communicating, understanding, and living like a normal person. Now, on the day of my one month mark, I can officially say that I have become accustomed to living in France.

School is good, although I am deciding whether or not to move up to Première. It's a really hard choice for me to make. Most of my classes are getting easier and easier to understand, except French class. It's terrible.... But anyhow!

Even though it is getting plus facile every day, sometimes it is really hard to be in between languages. Sometimes it is a little trying to not be able to fully express myself. And sometimes the feeling of mental isolation is pretty hard to bear, but I am getting through it! I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and that I won't be stuck in this state of not being able to talk and listen perfectly forever. So I will just keep on trucking, and take it one day at a time!

On another note, I can't believe that it has already been one month. !!!!! It boggles my mind. It's the longest I have ever been away from my family before. I feel accomplished and a little freaked out. There are so many things that I want to try and experience, and not so much time! But for now, I am out of things to say. Well, not really, but it is hard to organize my thoughts at the moment, so yeah... Au revoir!

-Carly

PS I started reading The Golden Compass in French. It is hard, but I think it will help me! :)

3 comments:

  1. You know what? You're an inspiration. Keep it up, Carly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's seriously been a whole month? Wow!
    Je voudrais aller en France! Quand je vais en France, j'achete Harry Potter en francais! C'est tres diffcile à lire, n'est-ce pas?
    Bonne chance!
    -Gabby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oui, j'ai essayé, mais c'est trop dure à ce moment. :) Mais j'aime bien Les Royaumes du Nord (Golden Compass) hehe.

    ReplyDelete