Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Schmorgasborg

I feel like I have failed you, world. Meaning 3 people that actually follow my blog. I haven't posted in more than a month and a half!!! Gasp!

Ok, well now that that is over, I have some fantiddilyastic news.

I got into AFS!

Yes, at this point you are probably asking yourself why you bothered to read a blog post of something that has already been blogged about. But you are incorrect. It's a long story. Don't mind if I do!:

So it all started out November 16th 2009 when I sent in my full application... Just kidding... skip forward three months. Ok, February 11, 2010, I finally got an email saying that my application had been sent to France! YAY. I was happy. And so, when I got the bill and thought it was odd, I went on the website and I guess I thought I had gotten into the program. I emailed my supervisor, who unfortunately never responded, but I was kinda sorta used to that, so I just thought, "You know, I probably did get in" It had been about a month or so. But I was wrong... :( Because two weeks later, when I got a package from AFS in the mail, I thought.... OMG! Could this be the moment I have been waiting for?? Could I have my host family (Yes I know, this was wishful thinking even if I had been accepted)? I ripped open the package with much vehemence and joy, and as I pulled out the first letter, I got something along the lines of this:
Congratulations! Your application has been sent to France!
Oh boy..... So basically one and a half months after I was notified of my application being sent to France, my application was still in France. :| So I went about my life for a few more weeks, and finally, on April 23rd, I got accepted to France. YAY! So special. Its ok, it only took............. I'm counting.............
Five months and a week!

Yup. So that is my long story. OK, back to the awesomeness of that past couple of weeks:

I also went to an AFS orientation on April 18th. It was quite cool, and I met 3 Italians who were quite nice, two girls going to Italy, one girl going to Latvia, a girl who is going to Egypt for a community service year but I later found out had gone to France for a year. :):):) She was the only other one with ties to France. But that wasn't that weird. The only country that had more than one person going to it at the orientation was Italy. It was a great day, and it made everything feel more real.

And finally, I just wanted to add in here that my family is hosting a three week French foreign exchange student this summer. I hope it goes well!!

Thanks for reading,
Carly

No comments:

Post a Comment